This Christmas we’re encouraging you to stay curious and shop small. Oxo Tower Wharf is home to over 25 designer-maker shops and studios where you can meet the people behind the brands and shop in a calm environment overlooking the beautiful River Thames.
Buying independent doesn’t always have to be expensive. Here’s our gift guide for pressies under £50.
1. Victoria Eggs – Mistletoe Apron £23.00: Perfect for the person who’s cooking up your Christmas feast… if it’s you, treat yourself. The Victoria Eggs shop at Oxo is a festive haven with a London themed window display, complete with life size red postbox where you can post your letter to Father Christmas. Don’t forget to add the rest of these items to your wish list…
2. Moxon London – MiGoal 2020 Goal Diary £27.99: For the planner in your life – with sections for purpose and vision planning and a bucket list section this will make organising the new year a dream. Available in black, coral, mint or charcoal. Moxon’s flagship showroom on the first floor of Oxo is a must visit for design savvy shoppers after something unique.
3. Bodo Sperlein – Gold Forest Plate £31.00: A luxurious edition to the festive table setting, made of fine bone chine and hand finished.. you could go wild and get the whole dinner set! Pop up to the second floor to take a look at the range and speak to the team at the Bodo Sperlein Studio.
4. SUCK UK – Small White Cork Globe £40.00: For the one with the travel bug, pin the dream destination or mark the places you’ve ticked of your list. The SUCK UK store is on the ground floor and packed with fun gifts for all ages.
5. British Colour Standard – Striped Eco Dinner Candles (6 Pack) £22.50: Fairtrade, hand poured and in the most wonderful colours, these bold candlesticks are perfect for your eco-conscious friend or family member who wants to add a vibrant boost of colour to their home. British Colour Standard don’t have an open shop so call in advance to buy at Oxo, or find them online.
6. JeDeCo – Starfish Studs in Silver by Kristin M £50: A quirky design in solid sterling silver. JeDeCo is a collective of jewellers based on the first floor, there’s so much variety that you’re sure to find the perfect sparkly something for your loved one.
7. Locomocean – Locomocean Board £28.95: Suitable for any occasion with tiles to create your own messages this is the ideal gift for party hosts, a couple getting hitched, world travellers or for the home. Locomocean are neon experts with a variety of gifts like this too. If you haven’t been to their Oxo showroom yet, hold tight for a neon wonderland and get your phone poised for a photo.
8. Electrobloom – Giant Red Allium Ring £35.00: 3D printed and hand finished this bright statement ring is the perfect outside-the-box gift. Mark Bloomfield of Electrobloom works with recycled single use plastics and advanced digital processes in his second floor studio at Oxo, pop in to find out more about pieces like this.
9. Wagumi – Puzzle Chopsticks £14.00: For the foodie or aspiring sushi master, these aesthetically pleasing chopsticks are by Matsukan, one of the leading makers from a town called Obama, Japan’s hub of chopstick production. Pop into Japanese design store Wagumi on the first floor riverside to discover an abundance of gifts and homewares from specialist craftspeople and makers, the team there can help you find the perfect present.
By shopping at Oxo Tower Wharf you’re not only supporting independent makers and small design brands, you’ll be getting your hands on unique designs and beautiful hand crafted objects. And what’s better than sharing the joy with your loved ones at Christmas.
Change up your Christmas shopping and discover something different at Oxo Tower Wharf. Find our shops and studios over the first and second floors, either take the stairs or the lift and take a stroll along the riverside and courtyard walkways.
Follow us on Instagram: @oxotowerwharf