To celebrate our local hub of design happenings across Bankside Design District, on 18 September we have an evening of studio openings, exclusive discounts, exhibition lates and a panel discussion, all to be enjoyed with a glass of fizz!
At Bargehouse, join the Volume Creative x Virgin Voyages for a lively conversation focussed on the design and build of their playful immersive installation, Take The Plunge. Followed by a Q&A giving the design-curious a chance to discover the inspirations behind the project
Register for your free ticket for the talk here: https://taketheplungeatoxo.eventbrite.co.uk
Continue your evening…
Many of our designer maker studios across the first and second floors will be open late with exclusive discounts and showcases, highlights include:
- Innermost’s BUD 321 Giveaway – A chance to get your hands one of Innermost’s new portable, re-chargeable lamps. The first 3 visitors through the door at 6pm on 18 September can take away a free Bud! All other visitors can receive 50% off Bud throughout LDF by visiting the Innermost Showroom at Oxo Tower Wharf (as well as popping in for a Ginnermost & tonic)!
- Noodoll x 24 Bottles collaboration – Designers of super cute toys, Noodoll launch their new water bottle and are offering 15% off throughout LDF in their shop.
- Wagumi: Brilliant Corners and Folds: Japanese paper craft company Inkaren will present the folds, pierces, ring binding, letterpress and other aspects of techniques that create their work, in a residency at the wagumi craft and design shop at Oxo Tower Wharf.
- Studio Fusion: Material Movement: A collaborative exhibition from four artists each working in a different discipline: ceramics, jewellery, painting and silversmithing – each explores the concept of movement and how this informs their own practice.
- Victoria Eggs: Homeware and gifts studio Victoria Eggs offer 30% off everything in-store 4pm-8pm on 18 Sept.
JeDeCo, Moxon London, Locomocean, Archipelago and Mr Jones Watches will also be opening their doors after hours!
Exhibition Lates: A chance to see the LDF exhibitions at Oxo after hours and meet the artists. Head to gallery@oxo for UCA Farnham ‘Connected – The Makers’ Art’ and join Bartlett School of Architecture to toast the opening of their outdoor installation Assembling Reciprocity on the Platform.
There will also be a chance to Take The Plunge at Bargehouse, experiencing the LDF Special Project created by Volume Creative in collaboration with Virgin Voyages. Step into an endless horizon on the pathway for discovery before plunging into a sunset under the sea. The experience explores the changes happening to our seas and the rapid deterioration of ocean life.
Only the talk needs booking, for studio and exhibition lates just show up and explore.Return